Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year

Last night 2 friends and I got all gussied up in 1920s attire with cute dresses, pearls, curly hair, and a smokey eye. And then we decided not to go out. :) Hawaii goes all out with fireworks with many families having professional looking fireworks. However the other girls' dogs were frightened by the fireworks even after drugging them...although they did only give half the dose. My dog, Lexy, is kama'aina, so she handled the booms and cracks like a champ. So we stayed at her home drinking champagne and overlooking the valley and seeing all of the fireworks. It was like our own personal fireworks show. We reflected on 2014, spoke about goals for 2015, watched the fireworks, drank bubbly, watched the Radio City Rockettes Christmas show and went to bed about 3 am.

I realized that 2014 was full of changes. We moved to a new state, (as far as one could go and still be in the US...from Florida to Hawaii). We got Lexy, my first dog (who is amazing!). I quit my dream job and had 10 of unemployment and started another job. I learned that pharmacy is my passion and definately the right career for me. We made lots of new friends through the squadron, from the wine society, and game night. I've really enjoyed the events of 2014, and I'm hoping 2015 brings a little more stability, but I already know some big events and decisions are coming down the pipe.

No comments: