Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas Card Wreath



Christmas Card Wreath 
I saw this idea from here. It's pretty easy to make. 
Items:
Clothes pins
Green Spray Paint
Red Pony Beads
Ribbon
Wire Clothes Hangars
Hot glue gun.
To make: 
1. Spray paint the clothes pins green. I did it by laying them out on newspaper, but the other article recommended clipping them to an old box you don't care about. Honestly, it probably would have saved some time, but it wasn't that big of a dea. 
2.Make the clothes hangar a circle. This part is actually easier said than done! Mine isn't perfectly round nor perfectly flat, but such is life. 
3. String the clothes pins and pony beads on the hangar, alternating.
4. Attach the 2 ends of the hangar. The other site recommended just lining them up and gluing the heck out of it. My husband had the great idea of just bending the two ends to make hooks and hooking the two sides together. This alone probably would have been enough to hold it together, but I didn't trust it so I glued the hooks together. It also made it so I could fit another couple clothes pins on since I didn't have to rely solely on the glue.
5. Take the ribbon and tie a string to hold it up. Using another piece of ribbon tie a bow. I used some wire ribbon from the dollar tree. It is red with green wire and green flecks. I really like how that ribbon goes with it.  

 An example holding a card. I actually really got a kick out of this card! It says "It's 80 degrees and sunny somewhere" "Oh yeah, that's here. Merry Christmas there." It's fitting and wonderful and we are sending it from sunny Florida to our friends in wintery Maine.




No comments: