Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hawaiian BBQ Chicken


I found this recipe here from Pinterest. Frankly it is amazingly simple and genius! 4 ingredients and a crockpot and viola, a meal.

1 bottle Target's Archer Farms Hawaiian Style Barbecue Sauce
Frozen chicken breasts. Original recipe called for 4-6. I probably had a few more.
1 20 oz can chunked pineapple, drained
Rice prepared as directed

Throw everything but the rice in the crockpot and cook on high for 3 hours, low for 4-6 hours. Shred chicken and coat in sauce then serve over rice.

Easy peasy! Warning though, this bbq sauce is deceptively spicy! If I make it again I'll probably try and cut the heat with either some of the pineapple sauce or some sugar. However, Target makes several other sauces like this that I'm curious to try now.




No comments: